Saturday, April 4, 2009

jelly roll madness

I bought a 'Recess' jelly roll on eBay a few weeks ago for $15 and here is what I've done with it so far. I just bought it because it was cheap and but I no idea what I'd do with it. I decided that since the strips were already cut, maybe I'd practice a quarter log cabin quilt before doing my Mendocino quilt in the same pattern. I changed the order of the quarter blocks about a million times. It started out randomly placed, then the outside square was the same color and the inside squares were different, then I hated that so I ripped a bunch of seams and made each block have just 2 colors. I have to finishes sewing the blocks and then rearrange them more logically tomorrow. After 9 hours of looking at this fabric, I'm so sick of it. We watched Edward Scissorhands, Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and 3 episodes of House while working on this thing...

recess bento box quilt - day 1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you might be sick of looking at that fabric....but it's looking great!

whoopdedoo_5 said...

i recently did one of these too, I love this pattern and I think yours is looking pretty awesome! keep it up! :)

Libby said...

Wow, that's some pretty intense sewing time, but sounds like you had some good entertainment. It looks awesome...very fresh.

Dionne said...

Wow, it's looking so FAB! I love the pattern, it works so great with the fabrics, I must say your choice to go with two colors per block was inspired, it's looking BRILLIANT!
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - thought Little Miss Sunshine was hilarious!

Currently in my Etsy shop: