Sunday, June 14, 2009

summer summer summertime

Ayyy. I love summer despite the fact that I'm in summer school. I only have classes 2 days a week right now, so I've been spending a lot of time cooking, sleeping, sewing and all of the other things that I don't do very much during the regular school year. Somehow my camera is lost in my apartment, which makes me think I should replace some of my sleeping with cleaning.

Highlights of the summer so far:
-getting a brand spanking new Kitchenaid stand mixer for $163 out the door at a department store closing. I told the lady that was ringing me up that I thought I'd have to get married to get one of these mixers. Thank you, recession; you came through for me again.

-while walking to my apartment, Matt saying "look, an Irish flag in the window," and pumping his fists in a fit of Irish pride; when I looked up at the window, a naked man jumped on to the windowsill and shook his junk right at us while Matt was still pumping his fists in the air. Talk about delayed reaction!

-getting to spend 2 weeks with my dogs while my parents were on vacation. I really miss those stinky little monsters. I also miss living in a house, with a yard, and a barbeque, and a car. My life in SF is great in it's own way, but I spent 19 years in  the suburbs and it's just such a comfortable, easy way of life. I can't wait to go back on a more permanent basis.  

-on a high note, I finally saw the bird that wakes me up every morning. I've been trying for a year to see what bird(s) made the song. I finally did when I was walking home from the bodega. It's a tiny little thing--I was expecting something bigger.

-seeing 'Up.' It was pretty heavy for a kids movie, but I really liked it. Matt went to the bathroom and proclaimed that we were never seeing a kids movie in public again, even if we have kids. Apparently, unsupervised little boys don't keep a public bathroom very tidy.

-starting and finishing an entire quilt top in 4 days using comfortstitching's half hexagon tutorial.

-did I mention the sleeping, sewing and cooking? WOW. I just love it.

I hope that in the next few days I can find my camera and post some pictures. Nobody reads posts without words so I better find that camera!

3 comments:

whoopdedoo_5 said...

that hexagon quilt was sweet! i bet your looks pretty awesome!

Sarah said...

Mmmm Kitchenaid mixer, so jealous... I've also dreamed of having one of those babies. My bf and I have already agreed it will be going on the wedding list- he's a chef so it was an easy sell!!

audreypawdrey said...

It sounds like you are having a good summer! We got a kitchenaid mixer for our wedding and I love it!

Currently in my Etsy shop: