Over the last two nights I made this doll quilt for my niece, Isabella. I love tiny patchwork and instant gratification, so this project was the perfect thing to keep me occupied between studying for finals. I plan on making a little doll (maybe a black apple doll) to go with it. I used an Aunt Grace charm pack for the patchwork, which is how I discovered that I hate sewing with fabric with pinked edges. Because I just couldn't match up the edges well enough, I trimmed the blocks down and made even tinier patchwork than I'd originally intended to.
Here is the finished product. It measures about 18"x16" and has a tiny 1/4" binding. After I'd done a bobbin's worth of quilting, I flipped over the quilt and realized that I had quilted over a big crease in the fabric. So I ripped it all out and re-did it. Again, I quilted a crease, but not as bad as the first time and there is absolutely no way I am fixing it. Sorry, Bella.
I am trying to get my free-motion confidence up before tackling a full sized quilt. Besides the giant creases on the backing, I think I can do it. Maybe if I basted, pinned or started from the middle like I'm supposed to things would be easier!